With unprecedented performance for its size in a quiet and set friendly case, the QOS 24 Bay is a software RAID with advanced features like silent-data corruption detection and advanced drive reconstruction, sets a new standard in quality storage design.
QOS24-XT 24-BAY Server – The QOS Series
With unprecedented performance for its size in a quiet and set friendly case, the QOS 24 Bay is a software RAID with advanced features like silent-data corruption detection and advanced drive reconstruction, sets a new standard in quality storage design. Although it is small, its power is not to be underestimated. It will host twenty-four 2.5” hard drives or SSDs and up to two 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 8 or 16/32 Gb fibre channel cards. The data rate of the 24-Bay will exceed the maximum attainable from a single 16Gb or 10Gb connection.
With the Red Dragon 6K sensor, Sony’s 8K camera and more to come, being able to carry it wherever you go means your storage investment is always leveraging your work in post and in on-set film and TV production, securing your ability to work in the industry’s future large scale formats. Given the large processing capability of the QOS 24, it is ideal for hosting shared workflows in Avid, Premiere, or FCP. The QOS can be used in a server room, edit suite, ENG or video truck, or DIT Cart; the QOS 24 is a com-pletely mobile data storage system
The QOS 24-Bay drive array makes use of a number of proven technologies for keeping your data safe. The QOS can non-intrusively detect and correct corrupt data that goes unseen from a client computer or drive firmware. The RAID can function at RAID 0, 1, 1E, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, JBOD levels, for protection based on your specific use. In RAID 6 mode, up to two drives can fail simultaneously without affecting the integrity of the data. The sixteen drives in the system are Enterprise quality drives that are hot swappable inside a shock protective rubber mounted drive enclosure.
- Supports bin locking for Avid, FCP and Adobe editing workflows.
- Supports 1GbE, 10/40GbE and 4,8 and 16 Gig Fibre Channel connectivity.
- Supports file-level sharing (multi-write mode).
- Unlimited users and workspaces
- Performance maintained in multi-user write mode.
- Superior LAN performance with block-level access.
- Native cross-platform support (no third party software).
- Automated file system management (auto-defrag).
- Virtual volume creation with dynamic resizing.
- Proxy generation for remote access from anywhere.
- Replication & Tiering module with life-cycle management (HSM).
- Shock-mounted cases allowing ship servers with drives installed in the server.
- Raid, independent of hardware components swaps.
12Gbps, 2.5", 6Gps, Hot Swappable, SAS
JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 1E, RAID 5, RAID 50, RAID 6, RAID 60
(up to 512GB), 32GB ECC
ARRIRAW, F55, ProRes 444, R3D, Sony F65, Uncompressed 4K DPX, Uncompressed 4K Quicktime, Uncompressed 5K DPX, Uncompressed 5K Quicktime, Uncompressed DPX, Uncompressed Quicktime
Up to 8000MBps internally
|PCIe Expansion Slots||
PCIe 3.0 slots available, Seven PCIe X8
Rackmount shelf: 4RU 19" (48.3 cm) rackmount
Power: 90V to 264V (50 and 60 Hz Auto Switching)
8 to 42°C, Humidity: 85% or less
Apple OS X 10.6 or higher, Linux, Microsoft Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.